HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:15:08 -0400
Actually some of the discussion goes well beyond that to include
critiques of the use of archers at the Battle of Helm's Deep and the
construction of the fortifications. The elven archers had no business
in the battle. But having decided he had to include them, it would have
been nice if Jackson had employed them properly  (long distance) rather
than at point blank range. And the lack of such things as a draw bridge
and that the causeway openned directly into the keep demonstrated that
while Jackson might be a pretty decent film maker, he really could have
used someone who understood fortifications.