HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:19:43 -0400
This discussion of lead disks reminds me of another artifact made of silver.
It is roughly 3 centimeters in diameter, is primarily a flat band shaped like
a circle, has exquisite thistles engraved on the exterior, a cast stag in the
center and a bezel for a stone. Thinking it was just an ornamental pin, I took
it to a few antique dealers. They sent photos to colleagues in Scotland, who
replied that it had something to do with sympathizers with the former Scottish
monarchy. So I am asking our colleagues across the sea if the ornament could
represent some sort of political affiliation in Scotland that came with the
immigrants in America?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.