HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"William B. Liebeknecht" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 11:41:55 -0400
Here's a link to an ice harvesting bibliography:
http://www.digitalpresence.com/histarch/ice.html

This site has links to a number of 19th and early 20th century articles
(scanned or retyped):
http://www.charlesfortes.org/class_pages/Sround1/iceharvestingusa.html

The Frozen-Water Trade by Gavin Weightman (Hyperion 2003) contains extensive
background information on the beginnings and operation of the ice business.