HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:00:41 -0500
Unfortunately, much of what can be told about the period of history that
concern's much of America, the American Revolution, often I have found has
been described by the French, i.e., decriptions of Fort Golgotha in
Huntington, NY where Benjamin Thomson later known as the physicist Count
Rumford, commanded English forces in New York and where Nathan Hale was once
held, a fort built in a cemetery, some of the stones used for baking,
leveled after and the descriptions of the labor surplus after the Revolution
in NYC, used to land fill various places also perhaps from leveled
emplacements.

Just a thought...the founder of Harvard lived next door to Shakespeare...

George Myers