HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:54:00 -0500
I'll stand corrected; I had thought that Willey & Phillips were quoting
from Taylor--more likely, they were summarizing him.  I've often
wondered that, if archaeology is anthropology, then the next question
should be:  "What is anthropology?"  This may have been more certain, in
the sense of some general agreement, back in Taylor, Willey and
Phillips' day than it is today.

D. Babson.