From:
Nathan Lofton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:45:08 -0500
I have to jump in that boat too.  I've always liked Carmina, particularly
when played well, and I even wish Orff's more obscure stuff (i.e.
everything else he wrote) got more play than it does.  I'm even willing
to say that after hearing Carmina on several occasions and playing it
about 5 times in the past 4 years (2nd Trumpet every single time...).
Unlike many other crowd pleasers that are making the pops concert rounds
these days, I think Carmina is popular for good reason.  It may be catchy
and relatively easy listening, but it is good music.

-Nathan