From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:46:02 -0400
Karl Miller responds to John J Kregarman responding to Karl:

>>>And for ten points and a chance at the new Honda....
>>>
>>>Name the composer who has a passage of an orchestra tuning up in one of
>>>his works for orchestra?
>>
>>Haydn, of course...and I'm ready for that Honda!
>
>Darn, forgot about Haydn...I will rephrase my question, what 20th Century
>composer....

The Haydn came to this person's mind as well, but given the phrasing of
the question (*orchestra* tuning up), I had to dismiss it.  The passage
(in the finale of Symphony #60) has just the violins re-tuning an errant
G-string that has "dropped" to F.  Or so I recall.....

Bill