From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:22:02 +0000
Richard Pennycuick writes:

>Does this mean the companies are expecting us to buy hideously expensive
>SACDs of all the
>stuff that's already been reissued in CD?

Yes, just like we bought CDs of all the music already issued on LP.

>Here's one person who won't be!

I really don't know what I'm going to do about the SACD matter.  Frankly,
I'm very satisfied with my expensive B & W speakers, mid-price Denon
receiver, cheap Sony CD player, and equalizer.  I suppose I'll just wait
until the Sony stops operating correctly and then make some decisions.

 From my perspective, the most important piece of equipment I have is
the equalizer which allows me to maximize my listening pleasure.  Listening
to music with audio controls in the 'flat' position never appealed to
me.

Don Satz