From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:49:06 -0500
A favorite work of mine...at one time I think I had every complete recording
of it.

There is a wide range of expression in the interpretations.

Koussevitzky recorded only the Suite No.2, Op.64a

As for a complete ballet, the one recording that seems to find the best
balance and features some of the finest playing is the Cleveland recording
with Maazel.  I am NOT a Maazel fan by any means as I find much of his work
lacking expression.  This recording is rather straight but is so well done,
that I recommend it.

I would also suggest buying the complete ballet. There are few ballets
that maintain my interest all the way through and this is one of them.

Karl