From:
Melissa Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 00:02:25 EST
Harry, thanks from me, too. I shared your info to the mom I'm working with and
she found it very clear and helpful. All this makes me doubly glad I have no
need to consider taking this drug, nursing or not.  You mentioned that a 3yo
would not be nursing as much as a newborn, and the mom chuckled at that.
Apparently this one was nursing quite a bit, but seems to be tapering off again.
The mom made the comment that perhaps she could judge how she (the mom) was
doing by how often her 3yo needed to nurse. She reasoned that the 3yo was
nursing less because she was less concerned about her mom. I thought it was a
pretty insightful comment.

Sarah, you mentioned wondering if too much advertisement might lead to too many
subscribers and therefore too many notes posted. I probably should be more
worried about that than I am, given that I have to pay long distance bills to
hook up to anywhere from here, but I think this is an extraordinarily unique way
to share info from a group of people with a wide range of experiences. By the
way, I'm using the digest command (thanks, Kathy B!) so that every 300 lines or
so of text that comes in I get one email sent. It means a time delay, but since
I have to pay a little per Internet note, it is cheaper and faster (which also
means cheaper phone bill)  to download the notes. I wonder if it is possible to
have subgroups within a listserv if it did get so big as to be cumbersome? Of
course, this is counting chickens before they've hatched (or measuring milk
before it has let-down....).

I got my ILCA registration today. Wish I could go.  : (  Oh, to be independently
wealthy..... (which unfortunately is not likely to happen as an LC in a town
with 5000 people in it!)

Melissa Vickers, IBCLC
[log in to unmask]  (this is going to force me to memorize my email
address. I wish CompuServe used names instead of numbers!)