From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:52:04 -0400
well, really Re: string quartet concerti, by now!  the Lees was on LP
coupled to the recording of Sessions' 3rd symphony- the latter's on CRI CD
but not the former yet I don't think.  Schulhoff string quartet concerto is
on Supraphon I think.  Martinu's is on a few labels I believe.  Holmboe's-
not yet recorded- Da Capo or BIS will I expect and .hope.  record it
eventually.  Piston's- one version is on Delos (coupled with the Incredible
Flutist on a CD called the Incredible Walter Piston...  *sigh*) - there's
also another version about I think.  So the title of this thread, as I said
at the beginning, is no longer Re: Paul Creston, since I don't think he
.wrote.  a quartet concerto, though he wrote a lot else...  (I think
Holmboe wrote a concerto for 4 violins and small orchestra, meant for
students, too, but I forget.) (Also unrecorded- and to my mind of lower
priority than the quartet- concerto he wrote later.) And yes- others by
many other composers.  I forget who's is on CD, and who's isn't.

Ok. The Martinu:
London 43173 with Bartok's MSPAC
EMI 59575 with other Martinu concerti
Panton 811301 with Martinu sym 3