From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:43:18 +0100
Steven Rogers wrote:

>David Stewart wrote about Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture:
>
>>It's a piece of crap.
>
>I like Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture, it's different from other pieces.  I
>would love to see it performed live.  His 1st piano concerto in Bb minor
>is brilliant.

You may "like" each of these works and that is of course down to personal
taste.  You clearly CANNOT however say that they are 'good' or 'brilliant'
in the same way that you might say e.g.  Das Lied is 'brilliant' since they
are each all bombast and no inspiration.  I can see how you might get
caught up in it - I expect I would in a live performance - but I would
never be ignorant of its crapness.

David Stewart