From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:53:27 -0600
Karl Miller writes:

>All of which makes me wonder what the rest of you want from a record
>review journal...  and why you might prefer a magazine over an online
>source.

Like Don and others have said, I want lots of ads for new releases too.
That's what keeps me going to the record store.  As for the review, I
don't really want a history lesson, but it is nice to have a reasonable
amount of background on the music itself, especially since more and more
new releases are of rather obscure music.

I want a direct and bold opinion about the music making and the production.
I don't want a nicey nice review that won't hurt anyone's feelings.  If
it sucks, I want to know it, and why that reviewer thought so.

It's also nice to have some comments about the production values as well.

I like both print and online (I'd better, since I have posted more than
250 reviews on musicweb-international.com.)

I do encourage you to visit the above-mentioned website
(www.musicweb-international.com) formerly known as musicweb.uk.  A fine
site to which Don Satz and I regularly contribute.

Kevin Sutton