From:
John J Kregarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:44:14 -0600
John Smyth wrote:

>There are tons of universal players out and coming out, and high-end
>companies offer SACD players.  I don't believe there are high-end DVDA
>players.  The standard CD, though dominant, is still enduring the blahs
>right now.

There are high-end DVD-A players.  Meridian makes them and I bought one
about a year ago primarily because I needed a great CD player which
played DVD's.  DVD-A was a pleasant extra.  And one might note that DVD-A
disks will deliver quite fine sound on any DVD player.  Now there aren't
that many titles but I've even found some at Berkshire!!!  (Naxos)

John J Kregarman