From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:13:33 -0500

To which Bernard Gregoire wrote:

>Colin Davis was a "principal guest conductor" of the Boston Symphony for
>about ten years ending in the early '90s I recall.  A fine thoughful
>conductor he is, too.  The players loved him.

I checked out the disparity in dates by calling the orchestra office.
Davis was the principal guest conductor, as Bernard and others said.
To the best that I could find out, he did get along well with the players.
As for the dates, Bernard and I split the difference: according to the
orchestra archivist, Davis left Boston in 1984 and has not conducted here
since.

Roger Hecht