From:
Michael Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:47:01 -0800
Stephen Bacher wrote:

>And it's a comparative thing; a violin concerto by a major composer is
>still generally a fine work - just not always as great as most of the
>rest of their output.

OTOH, I consider the Sibelius violin concerto to be one of the greatest
pieces of music ever written (If had to list ten, it would be there).
Am I alone?  If you disagree or even think that's absurd, I'd like to
hear that too.:)

I have really enjoyed this thread.  Instead of negativity, I'm finding
a lot of insight into what we as a group and individuals like and why.
(Sort of like looking at photo negatives.)

Michael Cooper