ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 08:05:52 -0500
From:
BETTY FABER <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:

Hi,

For anything, insect, millipede, snail I believe, whatever, if it might
damage crops or do something that could cost agriculture money (this now
may be more broadly interpreted now) one does have to go through USDA.
We probably should be interpreting the reasons behind all of the
regulations along with our lovely cockroaches.  (My particular cup of
tea, and well beyond hissers..)  Rich Weddle, our animal husbandry
manager at Liberty Science Center, keeps us legal and knows all the
legal ropes as well as the beasts..

Cheers

betty
Betty Faber, Ph.D.
Liberty Science Center

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/19/05 7:41 AM >>>
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology
Centers
institutions.

Hi, Sara:

Is there an alternative to registering with USDA?  We did it for our
leaf cutter ant display.  If you want more info about the process, let
me know.  Also, I remember you were planning to visit.  Did that ever
happen? If so, sorry I missed you...if not, always welcome!

Eric Siegel
Executive VP
    Programs and Planning
New York Hall of Science