ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:20:43 -0500
7bit
From:
Stephen Brand <[log in to unmask]>

OK.  As I look at these prices, I wonder why we just don't look at our
average ticket prices and charge everyone the same price.  Wouldn't that
make our lives easier and our guests less confused.  And what would
happen?  Do we do this because everyone does it?  Speculate if this
would have any impact on your bottom line except for saving a bit on
signage.

Admission:                                   $3.50 or whatever your
numbers turn out to be.
Museum and ASTC members     free.

Then you can have a special AAA day, teen day, pre school day or AARP
day and let them in for half price. This will allow your marketing folks
to run as many targeted promotions as they want.

Here's another radical idea -- keep the 3.50 price for students in
groups, but allow as many adults as they want for free.  Wouldn't you
just love to have a 1:1 ratio kids to adults when a school group arrives.

Just some ideas.  Maybe these will lead to something that works better
for you and your guests than what you have.

Stephen Brand
The New Enterprise Factory, Inc.