HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jill Yakubik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:33:39 -0700
Tulane and Loyola Universities have been closed for the semester.  Beauvoir,
home of Jeff Davis, was badly damaged/destroyed.  Insofar as the Museums are
concerned, no one is allowed into the city to check.  The situation is very
grim--they are marking the roofs of the houses with the dead, because the
have to concentrate on rescuing the living.

Anybody need any homeless archaeologists for per diem work?

Jill Yakubik, Ph.D., RPA
President, Earth Search, Inc.
Formerly of New Orleans