HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Briggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:31:09 +1030
Ron,
This isn't about software or methodological issues but an honours student
at Flinders University has just finished a thesis on the faunal and other
food remains from a South Australian whaling site. If you are interested in
his results you could contact his supervisor Dr. Mark Staniforth -

Although I will warn you that the collection was very small and badly
preserved but you might gleen something from it.
Susan Briggs

At 12:43 10/02/05 -0500, you wrote:
>The Fort Guijarros Museum Foundation has been engaged in analyzing several
>collections of artifacts and food remains recovered at the Ballast Point
>Whaling
>Station (CA-SDI-12953). This Spring, we hired an intern to work on the faunal
>material to assist Paula Reynolds analyze the food bone from the whaling
>station galley and an adjacent Chinese fishing camp. The collection is 90%
>complete, but will need to be quantified with some sort of software. Any
>ideas of
>comparative data that we might use for this study?
>
>Ron May
>Legacy 106, Inc.

Susan Briggs
PhD Candidate
Department of Archaeology
Flinders University of South Australia

For more information about the Port Adelaide Historical Archaeology Project
visit:
http://ehlt.flinders.edu.au/archaeology/students/briggs.php