HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
SHA Headquarters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:12:28 -0500
I apologize for the confusion regarding laptops at the 2005 SHA Conference.
As Anita mentioned, laptops will be needed for anyone presenting at the York
Moat House Hotel.  Those persons presenting at the King's Manor will not
need to bring laptops.

I recognize the preliminary program did not include information on the
location for each session; that information was not available at the time
the program was printed.  We are now preparing letters to each presenter,
providing the final details on the scheduling and location of their session.
Postal Service permitting, presenters should receive their letters in the
next week or so.

LCD, slide and overhead projectors will be available to all presenters at
both the York Moat House and King's Manor. We are asking everyone who is
planning to use a Powerpoint presentation to bring their presentation on a
CD.  The laptops at King's Manor are equipped with Powerpoint 2000.  For
anyone using slides, Kodak slide carousels are compatible with the British
slide projectors so that should not be a problem for anyone.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about
the 2005 conference.

With best regards,

Karen Hutchison
--