HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sean Britt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:43:43 -0700
I've used the Garmin 76C series to map in individual
camp site locations as well as trail heads/trails for
a recreational impact assement study and found it
quite effective (cost approx. $500).  Of course,
accuracy will depend on satellite pickup, but it will
usually get you to within a few meters depending on
brush cover.  The etrex Legend (cost approx $300 and
vista C series (cost approx. $400) will likely achieve
the same results, the main difference being the amount
of data you will be able to store (500 waypoints
instead of 1000).

Sean