HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:17:39 -0500
Dear Ms. Harbury,

I am an archeologist (and am also a great cook). I ordered your work on
Virginia, sight unseen, based on our email to HISTARCH. It is a truly
wonderful contribution to the field. I have spent my idle hours researching
the development of "cuisine" and your work will be very helpful. I have
spent a great deal of time on the development of cuisine in South America
and I find that your insights into colonial cooking has great bearing on the
history of food and cuisine there. I hope we may have an opportunity to meet
someday.
Sincerely,

John Dendy
Consulting Archeologist