HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Matthew Sterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:17:02 -0700
Ron,

Take the time to find yourself a copy of Fike. It's a valuable resource for
this type of container.

From Fike 1987:51:

B.P. Co./[Backwards PP in circle]
[see Figure 39]
Label: JOHNSON'S DIGESTIVE
TABLETS - For Duspepsia and
Indigestion - Papoids - JOHNSON &
JOHNSON, New Brunswick, N.J. U.S.A.
Successors To The Brunswick Pharmacal Co.
Adv. by Johnson & Johnson, 1889, PVS
& S; 1929-930, AD; 1935 by the Kells
Co., Newburgh, N.Y., AD.

cobalt; 2 7/8" x 1 3/4" x 3/4"; 3n; oval
base, will not stand; pl; h; also flat
bottomed and threaded variants.

(Sorry that I can't reproduce all of the correct italics and bold to exactly
reflect Fike's information, but I think this provides enough information to
get you going.

Matthew Sterner
Statistical Research