HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kris Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:00:52 -0700
Does anyone have any information on a Crown Flour Company that may have
sold advertising items such as zinc salt and pepper shakers as well we
their product?  The company I work for has an artifact in its collection
that appears to be a zinc salt and pepper shaker 1 3/4 inches high and 1
1/2 inches in diameter.  It was manufactured in the shape of a wooden
flour barrel and has a hole (possibly for refilling) in the side 1/2 inch
in diameter.  One end is completely corroded but the other end contains a
raised inscription "Crown Flour Keeps Homes Happy".  If anyone has any
leads or ideas I would be forever grateful.

Thank you!
K. Todd