HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:03:33 -0500
We're all in this together -
I've long made the point that new factories and developments often put up a
sign proclaiming how they're going to be environmentally friendly in their
actions, but have yet to see someone put up a similar sign saying how
"culture resource friendly" they're going to be... We still have to prod
them with the threat of law suits and the like -
I think the more we tag along with some of the environmental crowd, the
better off we'll be: we'll learn activism, we'll have an easier time
explaining why our work is important (and endangered, and why culture is
worth saving), etc. -
Granted, tho, greenpeace has gone a little off the deep end on occasion, but
this is obviously signs of a regime desperate to make some kind of arrest,
no matter what...

geoff carver - SUNY buffalo
http://www.lego.com/eng/play/games/