From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:26:24 +0000
Karl Miller writes:

>Ok, so fess up, how many of you out there bought copies of Ofray Harnoy
>recordings based on her cover photo.

Not I, for two reasons.  First, her looks don't appeal to me at all.
Second, whatever she recorded for RCA wasn't what I wanted to listen
to at the time.  I think she started some kind of Vivaldi series, and
I never buy Vivaldi.

I don't want to give the impression that an enticing female cover couldn't
get my dollars, but the best looking female classical artists don't come
close to being as physically appealing as in pop or rock music.  When I
pass by the popular areas of a record store on my way to the classical
section, some of those photos get seared into my memory.

Don Satz