Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:17:25 -0300
From:
Edson Tadeu Ortolan <[log in to unmask]>
Peter Lundin ask:

>i'm comming out of lurkdom to ask for Your help, what works can You name
>that where written and/or premiered in 1905?

Sorry, unhappy in Brazil we haven't important works in that year exactly.
We was in transitional age from Romaticism to Modernism.  The great
Brazilian 19th century composers was dead (Carlos Gomes - d 1896; Alexandre
Levy - d 1892; Leopoldo Miguez - d 1902).  Alive composers in that year
was old men: Luciano Gallet, Alberto Nepomuceno, Francisco Braga, Glauco
Velasquez etc., and in my archives I didn't find their musics in 1905.
Others composers was kids (Francisco Mignone - born in 1897; Lorenzo
Fernandez - b 1897) and another important composer will born only in
1907: Camargo Guarnieri.  In 1905 the gigantic Heitor Villa-Lobos (b
1887) was tripping in Brazilian countryside and Amazonic jungle to
learn the folk, pop and ethnical (Indians and Negroes) musics.

Edson Tadeu Ortolan
http://sites.uol.com.br/eortolan