HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nancy O'Malley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 09:55:20 -0400
I am interested in your symposium and think I might have something to say
on the topic. I've been in archaeology for 30+ years, many of them for a
contract archaeology program in a public university and currently as
assistant director/curator for an anthropology museum in the same
institution. But I also teach for the M.A. program in historic preservation
in my University's College of Design and conduct my own research as well as
take on other projects (generally with some public archaeology element)
that come my way and are interesting. And I field a lot of inquiries from
the general public about artifacts, sites and so on. My museum also
includes the State Archaeologist's office and I review all the site forms
that are submitted for permanent site numbers. I definitely have some
opinions about how archaeologists are being trained and what we are
offering the public, clients, etc. Would you mind if I called you and
talked about this topic a bit before I commit?

Nancy O'Malley
Assistant Director
William S. Webb Museum of Anthropology
1020A Export St.