HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:46:23 -0500
Thank you. Let me just say before I read it,  just in case, the Berger
Culture Group had found some human remains in shovel testing around
the site of various condos going up in the "sweetheart" deal with the
Feds and Jobco, Inc., I think, for the development rights to the
Madison Barracks (once a huge installation of 17,000 or more and the
current site of a New York State Urban Cultural Park, the Sackett's
Harbor, one of a number, i.e., the theater district in Buffalo, NY,
museum in Ossining, NY of the Sing-Sing Prison and the Old Croton
Aqueduct, [which I have walked a number of sections sponsored by the
Bronx Historical Society] etc.) is also where the New York Militia
refused to invade Canada, and we found a small coffin (among the small
crew, after finding Berger's baseline which they reluctantly gave,
having not been paid for work there, in the Greenhouse Consultants,
Inc., "team," was Angela Schuster, Senior Editor at "Archaeology"
magazine) and also called the local M.E.'s office to check out
whatever we had found as required in almost every county in the United
States. Anyway it may have fit the requirements of the legend and we I
hoped stopped the construction of that one condo I guess. Upwards of
thirty people were executed for infractions as minor as falling asleep
on guard duty, so you perhaps can see the quandry? A practice ended
after the War of 1812 with those under command.

Having read the report: Thank you I have worked in magnetometers back
in 1993-1994 at the West Point Foundry in Cold Spring, NY and a few
other places before the onset of sunspots. Anyway the story if someone
is interested was that Pike was pretty damaged and came back in a
barrel from Canada and was as it was reported moved from one location
to another but still a questionable story accompanies the story.
Thanks for the info. It is really a problem where this small coffin
(the stereotype shape yet very small like a child's size or so. Ms.
Schuster and I just scraped enough of the shallow  (about 1 foot below
the surface) grave site to photograph the wooden outline, then covered
it up and the construction I hope was moved.

George Myers