HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:57:03 -0500
Don't take all of these Hollywood Prop categories as good tight dates.

As an example, these list the "Bic Lighter" as 1973 and Bic does have a
short history of its lighters on its web pages.  Disposable lighters have
been around since AT LEAST 1969 when I got my first one.  I still have it
in my collection.  It is a "Dis-Poz A Lite" brand.  I would have to
actually look on the bottom of it to remember the correct spelling of the
brand name but that it how it was pronounced.  I wonder how many millions
of these have gone into the archaeological record in the last 35 years?

The "Tobacco Timeline" link referenced at the begining of the tobacco
section has lots of tobacco histories linked from it but most of it would
not be very useful to Hollyweird "prop-persons".  A lot of the the links
are old and are no longer active.

:-)

Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer, RPA
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests
605 West Main Street
Russellville, Arkansas 72801
(479) 968-2354  Ext. 233
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

             Sarah Miller
             <semiller88@yahoo
             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]
             HISTORICAL                                                 cc
             ARCHAEOLOGY
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             >                         another good site...

             06/02/2004 10:50
             AM

             Please respond to
                HISTORICAL
                ARCHAEOLOGY

Gwynn Henderson turned me on to this site:

http://www.artslynx.org/theatre/props2.htm

Meant for accurate set designs for theatre, it's a TPQ
dream come true!

Sarah

=====
Sarah E. Miller