HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sue Henry Renaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 13:36:45 -0400
NOTE:  I am forwarding this for a colleague -- please respond to her
directly (e-mail address below)

I need your help!

Many of you may be familiar with "Archeology for Interpreters" online.  We
launched it a few years ago, having written it for National Park Service
interpreters to give them a better understanding of archeology.   Some
sections need revising and updating and I am particularly concerned that we
don't cover archeologies of historic ethnic groups very well.  This is
where I need your help to identify projects and links to web sites that we
may be able to use to enhance these sections.  (one caveat: we don't link
to dot coms, but only to non-commercial web sites).

This URL takes you to "What are issues of Sensitivity"
http://www.cr.nps.gov/aad/AFORI/issu_intr.htm

In this chapter, you'll see subsections on Native American and African
American archeology, but these are slim and I want to add a section on
Asian Americans.  Please send me your suggestions for links, further
readings, or other resources that you think would be helpful.

The course "Archeology for Interpreters" may be found at
http://www.cr.nps.gov/aad/AFORI/index.htm

many thanks in advance for your help,
Barbara Little