From:
Roger Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:22:56 -0700
Iskender Savasir <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am perplexed as to which Rqeuiem was played when? Moreover I am not
>familiar with Michael Haydn's Requiem? Is there a recording
>available?

To amplify on Kim Patick Clow's reply, Michael Haydn's requiem entitled
Missa 'Pro Defuncto Archiepiscopo Sigismundo' can be found on Hungaroton
HCD 31022, together with the Missa 'Subtitulo Sancti Francisci'. These
are fine performances conducted by Helmuth Rilling.

I would also like to echo Bert Bailey's appreciation of Joseph Haydn's
Nelson Mass as conducted by Pinnock. I find the opening bars of the
Sanctus particularly wonderful.

Roger Curtis