ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Andy Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:08:24 +0100

(apologies for cross-postings)

Dear all

At the Centre for Life, Newcastle, we are looking forward to welcoming as
many of you as possible to the BIG Event on July 21st and 22nd
(http://www.big.uk.com/events/index.htm).  It is a privilege for us to be
the first host venue away from the traditional "home" venue at Herstmonceux,
and we hope you are going to enjoy the slightly different ambiance of one of
the world's top 10 party cities.  A big difference from Herstmonceux is
accommodation.  We have a range of hotels in and around the city centre,
including several close to our site.

However, to guarantee a room nearby YOU MUST BOOK SOON!

Monday 25th July is the start of the Tall Ships race series, and Newcastle
and Gateshead are preparing for 500,000 visitors a day (yes, really) that
week.  We expect hotels to start filling up during the weekend before, and
some people might be arriving even earlier.  Savita, the Event Coordinator
has secured rooms at the Quality Inn for July 20th and 21st, and Jury's Inn
from July 20th-22nd.  Additional nights may be available upon request! Both
hotels are extremely close to Life. If you would like to book accommodation
at either venue, please contact the hotel directly before June 21st, quoting
the BIG Event 2005 Reference number: NGCB 2790.

Jury's Inn Newcastle - 0191 2014400

Quality Inn Newcastle - 0191 2325025

Holiday Inn Express are opening a new hotel next door to Life in early July
and we are currently trying to secure rooms there as well for the Event.

For more information about the area, here are some useful links:

*	The venue:

www.life.org.uk <http://www.life.org.uk/>

*	Regional info:

http://www.visitnewcastlegateshead.com/

*	Tall Ships:

http://wwwvisitnewcastlegateshead.com/tallships2005/
<http://www.visitnewcastlegateshead.com/tallships2005/>

*	Newcastle Airport routes

http://www.newcastleairport.com/

*	Metro light rail (NB Life is next door to Central Station)

http://www.nexus.org.uk/pdf/Metro_map_2002.pdf

Once again, I hope to see loads of you up here.  The Life team is getting
ready to show you the full range of cultural delights to be found in the
city, so please book now.  If you have any queries about the BIG Event
please email the BIG Event Coordinator at [log in to unmask] or myself at
[log in to unmask], or check out http://www.big.uk.com/events/index.htm

See you soon

Andy Lloyd

Head of Exhibit Development