From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:34:53 -0000
May I ride on the back of this query one about recordings of the
Wanderer Fantasy?  I recently discovered that we do not have a recording
of this and it's a gap that has to be filled.  I would like to know also
which other works recommended recordings of the Fantasy are paired with.
Other things being equal, I'd rather get another piece that we don't
have rather than (say) D960 which we already have two of.  For example
the Perahia recording coupled with Schumann's Fantasie op.  17, but I'm
not sure that is easily obtainable here now, as I was told that Sony
Classical had deleted a lot of their list.  (I had terrible trouble
earlier this year obtaining Jessye Norman singing the Altenberglieder,
for this reason).

I can reassure listers that Imogen Cooper was alive and well a week ago
when I heard her accompany Wolfgang Holzmair in the Assembly Rooms here
(Haydn, Mozart and Wolf, not Schubert).

Virginia Knight