From:
Tim Horwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:43:11 +0100
Jeff Dunn wrote:

>Well, should we really equate "modern" with "difficult." There is difficult
>music of all eras, and easy of all eras.

I heard George Benjamin's music for the first time which didn't strike
me as particularly difficult.  A new piece and Palimpsest I & II are
pieces with wonderful sonorities soft clarinets, brass that luxuriates
in its own sound.  I really enjoyed his music.  The concert was part of
the Proms some of which are being televised on BBC4.  Anybody else been
following the Proms?

Tim Horwood