From:
Ramiro Arguello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:03:34 -0600
Dave Harman wrote:

>But a lot of music I want to hear is NOT on SACD or DVD-A and I'm not
>willing to put off the pleasure of hearing that music while I wait for
>the newest technology to get around to recording it for me.

Yes and no.  My bet is that must new recordings are going to come out
in SACD or DVD-A.

I know that compared with many on the list my 4,000 (2,500 LP's and 1,500
CD's) is quite small, but for my needs is it almost sufficient.  I said
almost because it is not impossible that I will buy and extraordinary
disc that will not come out in these new formats.

You see, most of the time I am in front of my Computer, and I listen to
Radio Classique, Andante, BBC etc..  I would say from 6 to 8 hours every
day, except weekends when the average is 4 hours. I hear them as well
as if was playing a CD in my computer.  And to hear all that music in
CD's I would have to have over 15,000.

So if I buy a CD it has to be of better sound then I can get in my
Computer.

Regards,

Ramiro Arguello