From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:32:38 -0500
By chance I came across this: the complete Beethoven Piano Sonatas in
archived live 2002-2003 performances (at London's St.  John's, Smith
Square) on BBC Radio 3 by pianist Artur Pizarro at

   http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/classical/pizarro/

I have particular interest in Pizarro because we more or less watched
him grow up and heard him play a number of times when he was very young.
He grew up in Lawrence, Kansas, the stepson of distinguished pianist
Sequeira Costa, longtime professor of piano at the University.  He went
on to win the Leeds Competition and make many recordings for the now-defunct
Collins Classics.  (His name is Artur, not Arturo as one would expect;
he was named after Artur Rubinstein!)

Scott Morrison