From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 04:28:23 +0000
Bert Bailey writes in response to me concerning Genevieve Soly:

>>I think I'll be content with the two harpsichord discs I now own.  It's
>>good to have them, but I don't have a burning desire to secure additional
>>recordings.
>
>Pity.  A lot of bones have been made of her make-or-break career dive into
>Graupner.....

I think Soly will do fine.  Her immersion into Graupner has greatly
increased her reputation no matter how well Graupner sells.  From my
perspective, the buying public should find the music very rewarding.
Although I am content with just two discs, I don't have to spell out the
splendid sales that would result if most baroque music enthusiasts who
do collect recordings acquired two each.  The Analekta discs are going
at mid-price, and the production is top-flight in all regards.

Don Satz