From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 23:19:58 +0200
Please excuse the shameless self-promotion.

I'm exceedingly happy to announce the debut concert of my new orchestra,
the Nova Orquestra Jove de les Illes Balears (New Youth Orchestra of the
Balearic Islands), this Saturday evening at 8:15.  Program:

   Mozart - Serenata Notturna K.239 for dwei kleine orquestra und timpani
   Miguel Angel Aguilo - Concerto for Cello and Strings (local composer,
     nice piece)
   Samuel Barber  --  Adagio for Strings
   Gustav Holst -- St. Paul's Suite

This is also my debut as a conductor, representing a major change in my
career, and for which I'm immensly grateful to my young musicians who've
been rehearsing every Sunday evening since January preparing for this
concert.

Please have a look at http://sanova.net for concert info and a couple
of pix.  If you happen to be visiting Mallorca this weekend.  We'd love
to see you.

Now, one last thing, a favor.  Before the concert I plan to give a little
presentation, Live Program Notes, if you will.  I'd greatly appreciate
any tidbits of info, anecdotes, insights, on the above repetoire that
might add to the audience's enjoyment.

Thanks!

David Runnion
Mallorca, Spain