ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Stoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:51:45 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings from the home of NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. We have some
new resources that we'd like to make available to the science center
community.

The first is a new video DVD, the "HubbleSource 2004 Video Collection."
It contains a series of video mini-documentaries, short 'kiosk' videos,
and animation clips and it has been tested for chapter-access control
compatibility with several popular planetarium media control systems.
(There is, of course, also access to clips via an on-screen menu.) This
is an NTSC video format DVD but there are no regional playback codes.

The second is a CD that contains educational activities from our online
Amazing Space web site. It enables these activities to be accomplished
on a computer that is not attached to the internet.

The third is a CD (created by a team in Italy; we've got a limited stash
of them here) that describes the creation of the Hubble Guide Star
catalog. First-come, first served on those.

To request a copy each of all three discs, please follow these
instructions (don't reply to this message or to my email address):

Send an email to [log in to unmask]

Write TRIPLE DISC in the subject line.

Write your name, position, institution name, institution mailing address
and phone number in the body of the message. It'll help us speed up the
process if you don't write any other kind of message in this email.
(You're always welcome to write directly to me with particular
inquiries.)

Please:

   a) One request per institution
   b) No home addresses