ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Steve Grotenhuis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:31:01 -0600

We at SMM have had reasonable success with these phones.  They last
about 6 months with our visitors.  They have a shielded straight cable,
nothing to get tangled.

9002-00 Headphones  $60 per set
Xperex
Shirley Dacanay
Oyster Point Boulevard, Unit 9b
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Wk: (800) 835-5961
Fx: (650) 266-2018

> interactiveArt
> potterBelmarLabs
>
>> We're currently using a very tangly jumble of headphones for outreach
>> sessions of a hundred or more kids at some stations which require
>> auditory information.
>>
>> We're looking for alternatives to serve large audiences in school
>> settings.  Portability is essential, as is ease-of-use.  (We train
>> parent volunteers to help the kids with the equipment.)
>>
>> Are there perhaps retractable cords?  Single-ear paddles that can be
>> hooked up to a multi-jack?  (We're using a walkman setup that can be
>> extended to plug in to several sets of headphones.)

> Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at
> http://www.astc.org.

Steve Grotenhuis                                        Tel.:  651-221-2564
Project Production Manager              FAX: 651-221-2544
Science Museum of Minnesota             email: [log in to unmask]
120 W. Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102

Get swept up in the wild winds of a real tornado, feel the heat of
erupting volcanoes, and shudder along with a giant earthquake in
"Forces of Nature," now showing only at the Science Museum's
Omnitheater. Call (651) 221-9444 or visit www.smm.org for information
and reservations.

Tag along on NASA's recent historic missions to Mars and see the Red
Planet as you've never seen it before. "Mars 3D" is only in the Science
Museum of Minnesota's 3D Cinema, powered by Panasonic. October 8, 2004
through spring 2005.