ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alan Nursall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:57:02 -0400

Dear science centre colleagues:

We are seeking your help in identifying great science centres, exhibits,
programs and staff around the world.  We are surveying science centre
professionals around the world and will present the results of the survey
at the Science Centre World Congress in Rio de Janeiro in April, 2005.
The session is called:

Great Science Around the World

The survey can be found at:  http://sciencecommunication.ca/SCWCsurvey

First and foremost, the rationale for this survey is to create a forum for
discussion.  We wish to create an opportunity for opinions to be heard,
for consensus to develop, to provide positive feedback, and to illuminate
good work taking place around the globe.

Who are the innovators?  Where is science being presented in a great way?
What are the most fascinating new developments?  Is it possible to
identify ‘best practices’ that are widely accepted as such?

The second part of the rationale is to have fun and to encourage
participation.  This is not about winners and losers.  It is about sharing
ideas and recognizing excellence across six continents.

There are ten questions.  Please take a few moments to fill it out and
send us your responses.  You can answer anonymously or you can attach your
name.  We encourage people to tell us who they are.

Please forward this e-mail to colleagues.  This survey is about individual
opinions, so it is fine for many different individuals in one science
centre to respond.

We will be collecting responses until mid-February, 2005.  We will use the
web site to provide updates as we go along.  We look forward to your input
and insight!

Regards,

Alan Nursall, Science North, Sudbury, Canada

Erik Jacquemyn, Technopolis, Mechelen, Belgium

Adam Selinger, Children’s Discovery Centre, North Sydney, Australia

Alan Nursall
Science Director
Science North   100 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA    P3E 5S9
Phone:  (705) 522 3701 ext. 250
Fax:     (705) 522 4954
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web:    sciencenorth.ca
Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4);  46.5 N  81.0 W