ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stefan Sommer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:26:58 -0700

The Museum of Northern Arizona has a partnering high school, the
Flagstaff Arts & Leadership Academy (FALA), actually on museum grounds.
We do a wide variety of joint programs some of which also involve FALA
students and elders from "The Peaks" retirement community right next
door. This year we are developing a variety of storytelling programs
which will include storytellers in the exhibit halls and also FALA
students video recording elders telling their stories. We also hope to
develop a variety of educational video production, web projects, and
multimedia projects for the FALA students to get involved. FALA students
are also very active in design and art and we are hoping that they will
be able to create and curate a display of their work in one of our new
exhibit spaces.  You can find out more about the FALA Academy at:
http://www.fala.apscc.k12.az.us/  or contact me if you have any
additional questions.

    Cheers!

    Stefan

Dr. Stefan Sommer, Deputy Director for Public Programs
Museum of Northern Arizona <http://www.musnaz.org>
3101 N. Fort Valley Rd.
Flagstaff, AZ  86001-8348

Vice President
Association of College and University Museums and Galleries
<http://www.acumg.org>

Associate Curator
Colorado Plateau Museum of Arthropod Biodiversity <http://bugs.bio.nau.edu>

Affiliate Faculty
Department of Biological Sciences <http://www3.nau.edu/biology>
Northern Arizona University
Campus Box 5640
Flagstaff, AZ  86011

Office:             (928) 774-5211  ext. 204
Fax:                 (928) 779-1527
e-mail               [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>