HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"King, Julia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:37:43 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

The Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory has recently recataloged 34 of the state's most important archaeological collections and entered this information into an electronic database.  These collections range in date from 10,000 years ago to the early 20th century and come from throughout Maryland.  For historic period sites, rural and urban domestic, industrial, and military sites are represented in the database, all from well excavated and documented sites.

The MAC Lab has as one of its most important goals the intellectual accessibility of its collections, and we invite you to visit the database finding aid at:
http://www.jefpat.org/2archaeology.htm.
(click on "Archaeological Collections in Maryland").

While the database itself is not yet on the web, we can provide you with copies of electronic catalogs by site upon request.

The electronic catalog and the finding aid were produced with generous grants from the Maryland Historical Trust, the Maryland State Highway Administration, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Philadelphia Academy of Natural Sciences.

We hope you will make use of these important resources in your work.

Julia A. King
Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory
Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum