ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jennifer Radwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:51:38 -0400

Mike:

In our Titanic queuing area, we did many small activities related to
buoyancy, pressure, density, and temperature to keep the younger
visitors entertained while waiting to enter the exhibition.

Visitors experimented with Silly Putty to make a boat that floats
holding pennies as weights, tried the popular Descartes diver
experiment, related to iceburgs by observing frozen water balloons
floating in water, learned about vasoconstriction, and were amazed by an
unopened diet soda can floating in water while the unopened regular soda
can sinking to the bottom.

Congrats on the increased attendance, good luck, and please contact me
off list if you would like more details about our activities.

Jennifer

--
A Rainforest Adventure: BUGS! "It will draw you in like a porchlight!"