HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:57:44 -0500
Yes, thank you, and there is also an excellant site online besides the
NPS (http://www.nps.gov/sacr/) one, the Parks Canada one
(http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/nb/stcroix/index_e.asp) describing and
illustrating its history. An interesting article appeared in
"Mercator's World" ("The Magazine of Maps, Exploration, and
Discovery") entitled, "The Real St. Croix" by Alec McEwen subtitled:
"The charting of three rivers brought a peaceful settlement to an
international boundary dispute." p. 18 the lead article in the
July/August 1999. Vol 4 No. 4 issue. The map's section of Grand Manan
Island, where some of my family lived and reside is awful, however,
and wonder if it contributed to the site of many wrecks (though the
fog and submerged ledges contributed much).