HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pam Asbury-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:50:47 -0700
Cathy;

Oh, good!  A fun question!

Aside from Google, a good bookstore (Barnes & Noble, Borders, Wladenbooks,
etc) should have books on whiskey,  describing  distilleries, and which
would give the date the distillery went into production.

As for the cigars, with the current interest in cigars and the cigar stores
that have popped up all over, surely they or any tobacconist (did I get that
right??) could refer your friend to a brand that was produced in 1900+, or
has been in production for more than a century.

Pam Asbury-Smith
SRI Tucson