HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:54:22 -0500
Carol,

Cocoline is an uncommon jar (i.e. not listed in key references I checked), but from the description of the jar, I suspect it may have been designed for some kind of flavored skin cream akin to Vaseline or Moroline.  The "coco" may refer to coconut oil.  Early vintage Vaseline in the late 1880s and continuing for several decades came in a number of types with different additives for flavoring or medication.

Allen