HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:34:44 -0500
From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
I said "2% or less".  I hope these postings are not coming through
garbled again.  By way of further explanation, the collections I'm
referring to were small, sherd collections from northern sites, subject
to frost damage, etc.  Collections of this sort can, of course, suffer
increase in a very rare type through in-ground fragmentation of one
"original" sherd.  My point was to say that I've seen this dyed ware,
but I agree with it's rarity--if Mark has seen more of it, from better
and larger collections, I would not disagree with an 0.01% presence.

D. Babson.